We strongly recommend early-bird registration to avail of substantial cost reduction and to ensure the smooth operation of the Secretariat. Registration will start on Friday, December 1, 2023.
All registration fees are in Japanese Yen (JPY). The banquet fee is not included.
(Until January 31, 2024)
|(February 1, 2024, onwards)|
|Regular *1||JPY 65,000||JPY 70,000|
|Postdoc *1||JPY 40,000||JPY 45,000|
||JPY 24,000||JPY 29,000|
|Accompanying Person *2||JPY 10,000||JPY 15,000|
*1 Registration fees include the following:
- Participation in all scientific sessions
- Welcome reception
- Refreshments during coffee breaks
- Conference bag
- Abstract book (PDF)
*2 Accompanying persons are not allowed to participate in the scientific sessions. However, they are welcome to participate in other programs, including the welcome reception, excursion, banquet, and coffee breaks.
Date and Time: Sunday, May 12, 2024, 17:30–19:30 (Free)
A welcome reception will be held at the International Conference Center Hiroshima. Participants and accompanying persons are encouraged to attend.
ISOS-20 is planning a tour in Miyajima. Please see here for details.
Date and Time: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 18:30–20:30 (JPY 10,000 per person)
The venue will be announced later.
In case of cancellation, a refund will be issued minus the cancellation fee, as specified below.
|On or before Wednesday, April 10, 2024||6% of the registration fee and the banquet fee|
|After Thursday, April 11, 2024||No refund - 100% of the registration fee and the banquet fee|
- The deadline for early-bird registration is 23:59 on Wednesday, January 31, 2024, Japan Standard Time (GMT+9).
- If you plan to make a presentation, please make sure to complete the abstract submission before your registration and enter the submission number into the registration form.
- For items without a fee change, modifications can be made through the system until January 31, 2024. To log in to the participation registration system, please click on the 'Application Confirmation' link provided in the registration confirmation email.
- For cancel, or changes related to registration status (invited, regular, etc.) or participation in the banquet, please contact the secretariat. Please note that if there is a change in fees after the payment has been completed, a cancellation process will be required, incurring a 6% handling fee.
Accompanying persons require a separate registration and payment of participation fees using a different form. Click here to register accompanying persons.
Please make advanced reservations for free childcare at the symposium venue by notifying us of your child's age and the desired dates and times through email@example.com. The deadline for childcare reservations is Wednesday, January 31, 2024.
Notes for childcare users:
- Please bring your drinks, food (lunch, snacks), clothes, diapers, etc. The Organizing Committee will provide toys, mats, etc.
- Children who are not feeling well, such as those with fever, will not be accepted for childcare.
- Children over age 12 are not eligible for childcare.
- Childcare hours (maximum)
All foreign visitors entering Japan must possess a valid passport. Note that Japan has visa exemption arrangements with 70 countries and regions (as of Sep. 30, 2023). For details, please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan's visa guide webpage. .
VISA on ARRIVAL is NOT available at any airport in Japan.
Request for Visa Application Documents
(Only for participants from countries that do not have a visa exemption agreement with Japan)
If you need assistance in preparing the documents required for visa application, please forward your request through the e-mail address shown below.
Subject: Request for VISA application documents
The document request fee is JPY 10,000 (non-refundable, including postage cost). Please pay this fee together with the registration fee.
The documents for visa application include the following:
- Letter of Reason for Invitation (using the official form for visa application)
- Schedule of Stay
- Letter of Guarantee
- Other necessary documents
The deadline for requesting visa application documents is Tuesday, April 2, 2024.
If you need only a letter of invitation, please forward your request through the e-mail address shown below. This invitation letter is free of charge and will be sent via e-mail. Please note that this invitation letter does not follow the official format for visa application.
Subject: Invitation Letter Request